Last weekend l went camping with the family and some good friends. My lifestyle is based on a philosophy of eating no grains ( pasta , rice , bread and the like ) and no sugar ( white , brown, sweeter products and the like ) .
Of course there are occasions when l consume some of these items but on a whole l generally abstain and its prity easy and l don’t suffer from cravings three years on from starting out on this lifestyle.
I love the benefits it brings , more , even energy levels , better skin, better brain function …there is so much to love.
So , back to camping , a brilliant time had by all camping on Oxwich beach. Camping and NSNG ( no sugar no grains ) and paleo are ulitmate partners in crime.
All that grilled chicken and beef kebabs….fresh salads and the occasion crisp makes for a match made in heaven…camping and no grain lifestyle is easy , see my easy check list of items that will ensure you have a truly magical time….all that sea air can make a girl hungry!
NSNG / Paleo Lifestyle Camping Shopping List
- Chicken , lamb and beef skewers for grilling on the BBQ
- Chicken thighs and drumsticks for BBQ or open fire cooking on the beach
- Bags of nuts for snacking
- Fresh salad leave with tomatoes and feta cheese
- Sausages , bacon and fried eggs for breakfast in the morning !
- Fresh fruit salads to cool you down mid afternoon on the beach with slices of water melon
- Frittata for cooking and bringing to the beach for a lunch time snack alongside salami , choirizo and scotch eggs
- Ice cream ( its not on spec but you have to have one !)
Happy camping !